GRE were commissioned to design and build a portable cooler to supply ultra-pure (less than 1.0 μS/cm) water for a prominent Research and Development Laboratory Test Facility.
With only an outline specification to work on – the following were defined as process critical for this particular Laboratory Test Facility:
- The outlet temperature had to be controlled very accurately to ± 0.25°C
- The Flow Rate had to be minutely controllable
GRE’s Engineers designed a compact unit with the following features:
- heat exchangers
- water purification sub circuit
- instrumentation for pressure, temperature, conductivity etc.
- user friendly PLC and colour touchscreen HMI with bespoke software
- user can change the flow rates quickly and accurately depending on the requirement of the varied test beds
- packaged “plug and play” system
- fully portable & compact
- provides the Laboratory with flexibility, speed, efficiency and versatility in changing between test beds.